As we prepare to head into the second half of the school year, we wanted to provide a quick update regarding our annual W.E. Gives Back campaign. Typically held in the Fall, W.E. Gives Back consists of our Family Carnival, Silent Auction and “Write-A-Check” PTA fundraiser that serves as the cornerstone of our incoming donations for the year.
We knew from the beginning of the year that a Fall Carnival would not be possible due to COVID-19 restrictions and had hoped to be able to move forward with a more socially-distant event in the Winter to go along with the Silent Auction and Write-A-Check fundraiser. However, after careful consideration, we feel that hosting a major fundraising event at a time when so many families are dealing with added stress, employment interruptions and financial hardships would not best serve our school community as a whole. Therefore, we have decided to cancel our 2020-2021 W.E. Gives Back campaign and turn our efforts into planning a bigger and better event next year.
However, the PTA continues to support our children and would love to have the financial support of the community in various ways.
- If you would still like to support the PTA this year with a voluntary donation, your contribution would be greatly appreciated and 100% of all funds received will go directly toward student resources, online resources, and programing. Checks can be made out to WHITE EAGLE PTA and mailed to the school or, you can make a donation via PayPal by visiting the direct link on our website.
- Another easy way to give back to our school is through shopping at Amazon. AmazonSmile is a great way for your Amazon purchases to give back to your favorite non-profit. Typically, in the past, you could only do this on your web browser, but now you can now do this on your phone’s app. Once you have this defaulted, you won’t have to remember to choose each time. If interested, you can change the setting on your Amazon app by following these quick steps:
- Click on the three bars in the upper left hand corner.
- Choose settings and then click on Amazon Smile
- It will default to “off.” Click to turn on and walk through the 3 step process.
- Also … keep scanning your receipts to the Box Tops for Education app so that we can earn cash for our school! It’s so much easier than clipping! And if you frequently order groceries online (for Walmart or Target pickup for example), all you have to do is forward your online receipts to firstname.lastname@example.org and they’ll quickly reply with your earnings. Please visit our box top tab on this website to see a video and learn further information about this program.
As always, the PTA will continue to get creative to try to support our children and families through this unprecedented school year. Please continue to follow our White Eagle PTA Facebook page for the latest news and events and if you have any ideas, we would love to hear from you. You can email us at whiteeaglePTA00@gmail.com.